Tuesday, June 18, 2013

6. Beyond the River Cruise: Greece

Greece was interesting but Athens, like most European cities, was heavily marred by graffiti and uncollected rubbish.







My personal opinion is that a lot of Europeans, particularly in the countries that are going backwards economically, have lost respect for their homelands. Possibly this is due to Government mismanagement of the economy, political corruption, and illegal immigration overwhelming Govt resources.

Does this sound familiar?

I hope I was not looking at Australia's future.

7th June 2013:

Madeleine and Val flew out to Paris with Aegean Airlines.

Edward and Peta flew out with Emirates via Dubai to Perth.

We flew out with Qatar via Doha to Perth.

The transit lounge in Doha was sumptuous. Emirates is just as good in Dubai.





Footnote (no pun intended): Make sure you do those recommended exercises to avoid Deep Vein Thrombosis when flying. Forty-eight hours after we got home I was having a venous ultrasound on my left leg after I experienced some disturbing pain in the mornings.

Fortunately it was all clear, to my considerable relief.

The flight from Doha to Perth was 11 hours long and for the first time ever I was able to get a lengthy sleep. Next time I think I'll stay up and walk around the cabin a bit.

Also:
Many thanks to Motive Travel in Perth for helping with revised air travel bookings. A very professional company.  http://motivetravel.com.au/


No comments:

Post a Comment